Sunday, November 27, 2011

Miss Earth 2011 Contestant - MISS SWITZERLAND EARTH 2011 - Irina De Giorgi's Photos & Profile/Interview

Birth Name: Irina De Giorgi
Birth Date: (age 21)
Birth Place: Zurich
Occupation:
Height: 1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)
Measurements:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Title(s):
Major Competition(s):
Miss Earth 2011


BIOGRAPHY:

Information to be posted

INTERVIEW:

What makes you proud of the country you are representing, and what can you promote about your country?
I am proud of my country because it is beautiful, clean, environmentally conscious and well-run. Cleanliness is taught to us at a very young age, whenever or wherever we go, either in the cities or in the country, we learnt to take our rubbish back home with us if there are no bins available. Honesty is something that is bred into everyone, e.g. we have small stands or displays which are placed on the outskirts of many country villages, selling either bunches of cut flowers, roses, fresh fruit juice, vegetables or eggs etc. There is also a small box where one can put the money into for the produce – it is very rare that someone will 'forget' to pay.

Environmental awareness: In Switzerland we have learned to separate waste for as long as I can remember. Also we learned in school how to be economical at home (e.g. turning off the water tap when brushing our teeth, turning the lights off when leaving a room etc.).

Switzerland has a unique political system and is the most stable democratic system in the world, which offers maximum participation to its people.

Describe your childhood/growing years.
I grew up in very large Patchwork Family. I have two brothers and two sisters from the two marriages of my parents. I have lovely childhood memories of my siblings and what we did together. We spent many hours outdoors with nature when we were all together. My mother is my best friend and has always been a great role model for me and I admire and appreciate her enthusiasm and patience with me. With my father, I could always do the craziest things (e.g. we would go cave hunting or spend the night in a tent in the woods and explore nature). I am totally family-oriented and my family means everything to me.

What lessons did you learn from your childhood/growing years? ?
During this time, I learned a lot through my experiences, and that changed my life for the better –learning how to care for someone, gaining wisdom and making me to the person I am today.

What is your environmental advocacy?
During this year as Miss Earth Switzerland, I am working together with the organization 'My Blue Planet'. They support many environmental protection projects (e.g. promoting the use of public transport, or making people aware of solar electricity, ensuring a clean earth.)

PHOTO GALLERY:



Special thanks to Wikipedia & www.pinoyexchange.com/ & www.missearth.tv

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.missearth.tv/
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://ocean-blu.blogspot.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment